Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast Packages
All our defensive driving course Gold Coast are based on Police Driver Training techniques carried out by accredited Police Driver trainers or former police officers.
- Consequences local: $180 – 2 x 90 minute sessions – Ideal Test Preparation.
- Consequences 1 Mount Cotton track: $190 – 5 hours – as soon as the student passes the P test
- Consequences 2 Mount Cotton track: $190 – 5 hours
- Advanced Driver Trainingat Mount Cotton: – 5 hours – $190
Your Professional and Friendly Instructor:
Consequences and Defensive Driving Courses
Consequences Defensive Driving Course
The Consequences Defensive Driving Gold Coast Course local is ideal for students who have not sat their P’s test – particularly for those who need a confidence boost. The local course is a modified for students version of Queensland Police Driver Training. The exception is that there is no training at Mount Cotton. This training is carried out Trainer to Student – one on one. There is no classroom work – all training is done in the car – yours if you like or ours. In line with police training, students are taught to reduce the risk the reduce the risk reduce the risk. This Consequences Defensive Driving Course local is conducted by the owner of Coomera Driver Training, Tom McGuire.
The local course is conducted in 2 x 90-minute sessions. Course cost is $180.
Defensive Driving Course Level 1
The aim of Defensive Driving Course Level 1 is to provide you with an entry-level understanding of safe, defensive driving course Gold Coast is a fun, safe learning environment. We achieve this through a carefully balanced mixture of controlled demonstrations, practical in-car exercises, and theory. This balance allows you to understand yourself and your vehicle better. As well as safe driving strategies required to navigate safely through day to day on life on the road. No matter what experience you have, the training caters for Learners up to experienced full license holders.
Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast Level 1 objectives:
- Key principles of Defensive Driving – How to minimize risks and increase the safety margin.
- Hazard Detection – Understand the differences between Potential and Actual hazards and how to manage
- Understanding the difference between Proactive and Reactive driver skills
- Better use of vision and safe following distances – These are two key fundamentals in collision avoidance
- Vehicle Safety – Vehicle pre-start checks, safety, and driving position
- Practical Activities – Understanding driver reaction times, stopping distances, speed factors, vision, steering and braking techniques
- Vehicle dynamics – Basic understanding of vehicle stability and types of skid identification
- Key road laws
Defensive Driving Course Level 2
The aim of Defensive Driving Course Level 2 is to refresh drivers on the skills obtained in Defensive Driving Level 1. It dives deeper into the understanding of safe vehicle operation in a fun and safe learning environment.
In this program, we will cover a small amount of theory and focus more on the practical exercises. The purpose is to challenge yourself and your vehicle in varying conditions, thus giving you a greater understanding of yourself, vehicle limitations and environmental factors you will face on the open road.
Drivers MUST have completed Defensive Driving Level I or equivalent training (evidence required) before conducting Defensive Driving Level II.
Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast Level 2 Objectives:
- On road driver evaluation – Use of the controls including gears (auto & manual), brakes and steering.
- Selected maneuvers conducted at higher speeds while in a safe environment.
- Decision-making process and consequences involved.
- Slalom and cornering maneuvers concentrating on vision placement skills, smoothness, balance and vehicle dynamics.
- Collision avoidance exercises.
- Wet road driving / Skid Control (Subject to training environment and water restrictions).
- Revision of vehicle systems, hazard detection, and Proactive driving strategies.
All Add-on Values for Your Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast
Defensive Driving Vehicles
Coomera Driver Training can provide a variety of vehicles, however, you can choose to utilize your vehicle, it MUST be registered and roadworthy.
Our instructors will conduct a primary vehicle assessment on the day before commencing training to ensure this meets the minimal safety requirements. Drivers may share the same vehicle, however, normal fees apply to each driver. Participants will need to sign an indemnity before participating in the practical activities.
How Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast Helps Your Child?
100 hours of driver training is enough driver training to have some confidence and be able to judge speed and distance.
That is the measure that the Queensland Government has adopted.
Nowhere does it say that with 100 hours of driver training the student will be 100% safe on the road.
We are definitely your best solution in town!
What’s involved in our Defensive Driving Course?
- Setting up mock tests (practice tests)
- We teach students how to successfully negotiate the most complex of roundabouts
- We will teach the student how to merge in the difficult merges
- We will teach you how to avoid accidents
- Learn how to handle a vehicle in wet and slippery conditions
- Learn how to read traffic and avoid road incidents
Tom McGuire is your Defensive Driving Course Gold Coast Instructor
Tom holds the following qualifications:
- National Accreditation Defensive Driver Training TLIC107C – Manual and Automatic Cars
- Master Driver Trainer Cars and Trucks
- Licensed up to Multi-Combination (Bdouble) trucks
- Authorised to Driver Train in trucks
- Retired Lawyer dealing with Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance for crash victims and for insurance
- companies (Plaintiff and Defendant)
- Retired Queensland Police officer 1991 – set up the Gold Coast Traffic Crash Unit – 1982
- By completing a Defensive Driving Course with Tom McGuire as your instructor, you will personally learn from the most accredited and qualified Defensive Driving Instructor in Queensland.
Tom has been instructing for more than 28 years at Coomera Driver Training – One of the best driving schools in Gold Coast.